One-of-a-kind boys’ names
Browse our hand-picked one-off list of unusual baby names to help you decide on a really rare name for your baby boy
If it’s a really unique or unusual baby name choice you want for a little boy, we have searched through the 1000s of names that Bounty mums have chosen so far in 2018 to bring you some inspiration for a name with an edge that certainly won’t be common in the playground as so far this year all of these are one-off names chosen by UK parents.
Names ending in ‘an’ or ‘en’ sounds are dominating this list with the German name Farren, Scandinavian name Lorsan, as well as American name Kozan and Norse origin name Osten all appearing on the most unusual names so far in 2018.
- Avonte – is of American origin but the meaning is unknown.
- Ranulph - Derived from the Old Norse name Reginúlfr. It is composed of two elements: regin, means "advice", "decision" (and also "the gods"); the second element, úlfr, means "wolf".
- Farren – or German origin and comes from 'fardi' meaning journey and 'nanthi' meaning venture.
- Lorsan – Is a Scandinavian baby name meaning son of Lars Form of Lawrence.
- Kozan – The name is most commonly of American decent but the meaning is unknown.
- Keiko – of Japanese origin, the name means lucky/blessed child.
- Azari – is of Persian origin and means fire.
- Ishe – It’s of African origin and means God, lord or leader.
- Osten – of Norse origin the name means happy.
- Romano – It has Italian and Spanish origins and was a byname for someone from Rome.