Here's what parents think of KidStart:
'I'm really glad I downloaded and use KidStart - for doing online shopping (that I would anyway, e.g. food shop, Amazon) you get money back and it goes straight into your bank account. A really easy way to save & it takes up almost no time or effort!'
'Easy way to save money on many retail sites. I've not had any problems using it. If your shopping why wouldn't you want to get some money back which you can put towards gifts for grandchildren etc.'
'One of the best things I've ever signed up to!'
Regular users of the KidStart app can save £250 a year! Saving for your baby’s future is important to a lot of parents, whether it’s saving towards university, their first car or first home. Saving a little along the way can take away some of that worry about how you’re going to financially help your little one to give them the future life you want for them. You can even start saving for them before they’re born.
That’s why the KidStart app is a great tool to help you boost their savings as you spend on family essentials and big ticket items. It’s free to download and allows you to save for your baby when you shop online at over 1,600 well-known retailers. These retailers include some of your favourites like Sainsbury’s, John Lewis & Partners, eBay, Amazon and many more.
You can save on everything from:
- Clothes e.g. H&M - 4%* KidStart Savings
- Weekly groceries e.g. Sainsbury’s - up to £2* KidStart Savings
- Household bills e.g. 1%* back on your energy bill with Octopus
- Family holidays e.g. TUI - up to 2.5%* KidStart Savings
- Shoes e.g. Clarks - 2%* KidStart Savings
- Parenting and children e.g. Mamas & Papas – 2.5%** KidStart Savings
Meaning you can easily boost your baby’s savings.
The money you get back from your online purchases is used to top-up your child’s junior ISA, bank, building society or savings account. Don’t worry if you haven’t set up an account for your baby yet, savings can be accumulated in your KidStart and easily moved over later.
The KidStart app has some amazing features too:
- More than one child? Don’t worry, savings can be divided between children. There’s no limit on how many you can save for.
- You don’t have to have given birth to start saving, you can open a KidStart account and start saving while you’re still pregnant.
- Invite family to join and they can save for your little one too, so whenever grandparents, aunts or uncles shop online they can earn savings for your baby as well!
- Tell your friends about KidStart and in return once they join and save £5 you’ll get an extra £5 top-up for your little one’s account.
* App Store: 3.6 and Google Play Store: 3.1 (April 2019)
** rates correct as of March 2019